Thursday, September 29, 2011

OVERWHELMED

It all hit me last night that I am going to be living here for 8 more months.

I won't be home for Christmas, my birthday, Easter, Thanksgiving---I'm on my own! Which is all very exciting, and a little bit scary. I'm expecting a lot of ups and downs this upcoming year, needless to say. I'm up for the challenge.

But I'm meeting so many people, mostly Americans. Everybody is very friendly and interesting. At night, we meet up in the plaza and break off and go in smaller groups to the various bars and clubs. It's easy to notice the American students since we 1) speak English and 2) don't look European.

I'll be very sad, I imagine, when most of them leave in December to go back to the states.

For now, though--I'm feeling VERY OVERWHELMED by all the trips I want to take around Europe and by all the new people that I'm meeting. I want to do it all! I just need to take a step back, take a few deep breaths, and take it one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment