Sunday, May 13, 2012

la ultima semana


Enjoying warm, summer-like evenings in the Plaza mayor
Finally, the rain stopped, the temperatures rose, and Salamanca came back to life.  This past weekend, my last weekend in Salamanca, was unforgettable.  Outside each afternoon enjoying the warmth and presence of the crowds, I never wanted it to end.  Despite the annoying book fair that has been set up in the middle of the Plaza, taking away from the beauty of the open space, the concerts and small festivals that were put on over the weekend were surprisingly fun to stop and listen to.

"I should be studying" was my motto all weekend...but no regrets, because I have confidence things will be okay.  When push comes to shove, I can study. Vale, vale.

I have LESS THAN A WEEK (dios mio estoy!) to enjoy Salamanca and to wrap things up. There is a tour I want to take, a couple photographs I want to make, a couple interviews to finish, and goodbyes to be said.  Then it's off to Vermont, the homeland. Which I am getting QUITE excited for!  The feelings of missing Salamanca, my friends, etc. I think will be pushed out of mind for a while as I readjust and move forward.  Or at least I hope so.

On a side note: Currently, I am working on a short documentary film about students reflections on study abroad and living in Salamanca.  After I am finished with finals and packing, I hope to finish it and publish it here, to share with everyone about why this experience is so awesome *(not just according to me).

PS: Happy Mother's Day momma guz!

No comments:

Post a Comment