Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Why the world *never ceases to amaze me

In February I wrote a blog post about poetry I was reading to help me learn Spanish.  About a week after I posted the poem, I received an email from a man named Chema.  Translated into English, he wrote:

Hi, I'm Chema Negron. I was pleasantly surprised that you published a poem written by my uncle, Angel Negron Colomer.   I think he would have liked very much be on the Internet (I guess like any poet). He was a very educated man, a chemist, a political scientist ... but above all, POET. Interestingly you have posted his poem on the day the first year anniversary of his death, which was the January 29, 2011.  Coincidence?  In any case, THANK YOU Kelsey!

This blew my mind.  I mean, how cool is that? And random, because I had no idea. I want to say THANK YOU, to Chema, for letting me know!

Unfortunately, when classes started up again and my schedule got busy in February, I stopped reading as much as I had been.  Then, this past weekend, on an afternoon it FINALLY stopped raining, my friends and I went to the park.  As we watched the world pass us by, we read a bit of Spanish poetry together and learned some new words, and Mark (sorry if you hate me for posting this!) wrote a few lines about Salamanca. It was day that was "super guay," if you ask me.  Days like this, completely average and unexpected, those will be the best memories.  

Photo taken by Miss Somer Stapleton

No comments:

Post a Comment