Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Halfway Point!

The weeks here are flying by. The passing of time is marked by the changing advertisements at the bus stop around the corner from my apartment.  It's obvious in all the new students I see in San Boal; where I once saw familiar faces and friends between classes is now like a sea of strangers.  I mean, I am SO EXCITED to make new friends, but it's hard to forget those who have departed! I can't help but feel a little bit nostalgic when I walk past the classroom where I made my first friends and learned to love the city of Salamanca.  Finally, that I can understand my Spanish professors much easier in class indicates to me that I've learned a thing or two in the past 4 and a half months.  Four and a half months! I cannot believe that I've been here this long!

But, I think I'm starting to figure this Spanish thing out.

Unlike last semester when I had 2 classes in English and 2 in Spanish, I am taking 5 classes all in Spanish.  I still have Fridays free (yay for Euro-trips!)

My goals for this semester are to:
  • SPEAK MORE SPANISH ON A DAILY BASIS
  • FIGURE OUT THE SPANISH SUBJUNCTIVE!!! 
  • Listen/watch to more Spanish music/podcasts/videos on my ipod and computer
  • Make more Spanish friends than American friends
And to stop living my life like a checklist....to embrace the laid-back Spanish culture and put off the fast-paced American mindset for another few months!

No comments:

Post a Comment