Friday, October 21, 2011

A Day in the Life

A normal weekday in Salamanca:
  • 9:00 am: Wake up to my alarm clock...hit the snooze button since I don't have class until 1 pm.  Thought I could wake up early and brace the day! But who am I kidding. 
  • 11:00 am: Finally decide to wake up; shower and get dressed
  • 11:20 am: Eat breakfast. This consists of a piece of toasted white bread with jelly, a milked down cup of coffee, warmed up in the microwave, and a clementine
  • Noon: Pop in my iPod and walk 20 minutes to the ISA office. I ask the ISA staff about setting up an intercambio, and I want another book from their small library
  • 12:45: Walk to class at San Boal with some friends to go to our 1 pm class
  • 1:00-3:00 pm: Spanish Culture class: taught in Spanish with ~17 other American students. Really like the professora who teaches, since she's enthuastic and easy to understand
  • 3:15 pm: Walk 15 minutes back home to eat my biggest meal of the day with my host mom and roommate. This consists of a mixed vegetable soup, white bread, pork, and a yogurt. Yum! Afterwards, take a mini-siesta
  • 4:00-6:00 pm: Walk back to San Boal.  I have an economics class on the European Union, taught by a Spaniard in English.  There's about 35 kids in the class, all Americans; an interesting but boring class. 
  • 6:00-8:00 pm: Spanish economics class, also taught in English by a Spanish professor.  After class, I dash home so I can go for a quick run around the Parque de los Jesuitas and shower before dinner
  • 9:15 pm: Dinner with my host parents and roommate.  Served a fried egg, mixed veggies and two boiled hotdogs. For dessert, yogurt and fruit. 
  • 10:30 pm: Meet up with friends under the clock at the plaza to hang out for a bit
  • 12:30 am: Walk home to go to bed, since I have a 9 am class the next morning!
The main road I walk through to go from class to my apartment: 

The building where I have classes:

Hardest part of my walk? Walking past all the gorgeous shoes and boots in the shop windows!



No comments:

Post a Comment