Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Mi casa nueva

I have been meaning to do this for a while: here is a virtual tour of the apartment I am living in! I share it with my host mom and dad, their daughter (who lives away at school during the week), and my roommate, Gail, another fellow DU student.

The apartment complex, conveniently located next to a hair salon and small store:

The lobby & long hallway to get to the upstairs:

Our front door, on the 3rd level:

The entryway; the glass case is full of gifts that my host mom has been given over the years from American students. The sign on the door is a reminder to lock the door when you leave the house.

La cocina/the kitchen, where we eat pretty much all of our meals. Can you find the washing machine?

The living room; nobody ever really watches TV here, except for my host dad.  I like to study in here at the small table on the right:

The hallway that leads to the bedrooms:

The tiny bathroom that Gail and I share (it also has a small corner shower):

And finally, my bedroom, which I share with Gail:

Overall, I like living here. The room can seem a bit suffocatingly small at times, but knowing that it's temporary makes it alright. Plus, it's incentive to go out and find more things to do in Salamanca!  And the food my host mom makes is DELICIOUS, and they treat me like their daughter. Which is nice, since I know there's some ISA students who don't feel as welcomed.

The one thing I miss most about home? MY BED! If I could have taken one thing with me from home, it would have been my big, comfy, three-quarter sized bed! These small, thin mattresses just really make me appreciate the comforts of home.

No comments:

Post a Comment