Saturday, March 17, 2012

Feliz St Patty's Day!

Tonight, the Plaza Mayor is lit up in green lights, and suddenly, everybody is a little bit Irish. It's awesome!  But what's even more awesome is my cousin is here for the week, visiting from Florida.  Tomorrow we'll head up to San Sebastian for a night and check out northern Spain, since Monday is a holiday.  And since San Sebastian is, according to everyone I know that has visited, the MOST BEAUTIFUL place they have ever seen in Spain.

I'm a little bit worried because it is supposed to rain during our whole time there...but oh well! We will make the best of it, I am sure!
La Plaza Mayor, está verde!
My host mom and I have been getting along better this week. For whatever reason, she's been getting under my skin the past couple weeks. I think it's because I'm ready to have my own apartment, and it's so easy to get fed up living so close to people that aren't family.  As in, I can't come home and tell her to leave me alone if I'm having a bad day, or I can't lie on the couch and watch a movie and eat chocolate if I'm stressed. I can't do that because I would feel uncomfortable and there's a level of respect I try to maintain.  Anyways, she came home today from grocery shopping with a bag full of meat.  She said, "Kelsey, ven aquí, con tu cámara!" Because she knows I like photographing new foods, she showed me something I had never seen before: tongue of a cow.  

And that is what will be for dinner next week! Can't wait to try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment