Wednesday, April 18, 2012

the countdown begins!

Okay, I hate that I am already thinking about the end. I wish I wasn't so forward thinking....but reality is, I have one month exactly until I say "Adios España!"

That. Is. Unbelievable.

When I leave Spain on May 18th, I want to get on the plane and say to myself, "ah, finally, I am going home!" I want to be so exhausted from living my Spanish life to the fullest that I am excited to be headed home.

I know myself all too well: I hate transitions. I just do not like them.  This time, though, I'll be ready.

Because back in December, when all my friends left Salamanca after the fall semester, there were tears and dramatic goodbyes, and leaving everyone was like ripping off a bandaid; nobody was prepared and nobody wanted to leave just yet.  It was not a fun experience.

Instead, when I leave in a month, I want to look back and say, "Man, I'm ready to go home. I love Salamanca, but I'm ready for what's next."  Saying goodbye to my friends will be sad...that will be the worst part.  Instead of goodbye, though, it'll be a "see ya later," because I know this isn't the end of my travels.

So, this last month, I'm going to try my best to "live it up."  That sounds so cliche.  But it's true; Salamanca, you and I still have a month to go, so get ready for the best month yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment